Wednesday, December 22, 2010

You'll Never Understand Everything

In the past two or three days, some people around me have decided to go mad. As in full blown madness. During my long wait at the airport some days ago, I was reading "The Rules of Life" by Richard Templar.

RULE # 34: You'll Never Understand Everything

"Look, we are tiny complex humans in a huge complex world. It's all so unimaginably, fantastically strange and believe me, we'll never be able to understand everything. Once you grasp this rule, you'll sleep easier at night.

There are likely to be a few things going on around you right now, as there always will be, that will remain slightly out of your comprehension . People will behave oddly and you wont understand why. Things will go unexpectedly wrong - or right and it won't make any sense. Spend all your time desperately trying to work it all out and you'll drive yourself crazy...

Stuff is going on around us at such a rate we'll never get to the bottom of it.....Because as fast as we try, pictures change, new information comes in and our understanding alters.

Be curious, ask questions, wonder to yourself, talk to other people if you like - but know that this won't always give you a clear and concrete answer. People don't always make sense. Life doesn't always make sense. Let it go and discover the peace of mind that comes with knowing that you'll never understand everything. Sometimes it just is..."

I have a friend who has refused to talk to anyone for two weeks. Lol. She donmadt. I had been calling her for a week, she didnt take my calls. A mutual friend of ours called and complained about the same thing. I got into town and decided to go hijack her from her office. Even at work, she wasnt talking to any of her colleagues except necessary. I saw her and she looked mad. I asked why why she wasnt taking her calls and she said nothing. I asked her if I had done anything wrong. she said no.

We subsequently spent the rest of the day together, gisting like she was sane. And then she told me she was tired of the world and was just not in the mood to talk to people and that it was nothing personal against anyone. She said she wanted to go somewhere and lie down in a cold and dark place, unmoving.

That sounded like a grave to me and I told her as much. And she said she's much rather be in the grave than be alive :-O. According to her "life is hard, it's just so much easier to just lie down in one place and be obliged to move".

She don mad, truly truly. She has always been mad sha, so I'm not surprised. And she is one of the few humans whom I can't get mad at. Regardless of what she does. I just love her like that. Because beneath all that dark and twisted exterior, she has a really good heart....

Her case is just the mildest......as for the others, like Ricard Templar said, I guess I'll never understand! So I'm not even gonna bother trying....

No comments:

Post a Comment